2015 SALT CITY HORROR FEST
The PALACE THEATER
2384 James Street
Syracuse, NY 13206
(315) 463 - 9240 Get Directions here
SATURDAY - APRIL 18th, 2015
Important Milestone! The Salt City Horror Fest is now the longest running 35mm Horror Film Festival in New York State! CREEPSHOW and Jack Hill's personal 35mm print to SPIDER BABY highlight two of the key features being screened on that glorious day. April 18th, 2015 officially marks 10 years of screening horror films in upstate New York.
Did You Know That... The opportunity to see any of the horror films listed below in their original 35mm format is next to impossible. The list of eight films is pretty amazing. Please check out the complete line-up since the lobby will also be filled with vendors, food and alcohol for those "legal age" drinkers. A vintage hearse provided by Graveyard Fresh will be available to take patrons around town as well. There will also be special guests all day and much more for your personal enjoyment.The 8 Horror Films That Will Be Screened:
- CLOCKWORK ORANGE - Introduction by local & national comedian Alex Bidwell
- BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA
- POLTERGEIST - Introduction Q&A Actor Martin Casella (Marty from Poltergeist)
- DEMONS 2
- DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS - (Rare Technicolor 35mm print) with Introduction Q&A by Doctor Who Class Professor Anthony Rotolo
- SPIDER BABY - (35mm Print courtesy of and preserved by the Academy Film Archive and Director Jack Hill)
Tickets: Age restricted to over 15 unless accompanied by parent or legal guardian. $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Click here for "Advance" ticket sales.
GRAVEYARD FRESH Special Ride Offer: (Take a ride in an authentic HEARSE, or use the hearse as your taxi service).
- Complimentary ride from hotel or home in Syracuse area with purchase of VIP package provided by our friends at Graveyard Fresh and the Fest.
- Rides to and from hotel/home in Syracuse area if not VIP round trip: $10
- Rides in surrounding Eastwood area round trip: $5
- Rides to and from Destiny Mall Round trip: $10 Coupon on Facebook - $5 off Admission for 4 people (Message Graveyard Fresh on Facebook for information)
- Special VIP package limited offer includes a DEMONS 2 (SYNAPSE FILMS) Steelbook Blu-Ray edition, original poster signed by artist Mike Tommyrot, complimentary ride in a hearse, and a ticket! Price is $100 for the limited package deal. Only 7 available, so message event organizer Jeff Meyer for full details.
- Vendors, food, ice cold beer & wine for those of legal drinking age.
- Special Note - IF YOU ARE DISRUPTIVE and are called out on it, you will be warned once. The second time someone has to bring to our attention to your deplorable behaviour, you will be kicked out and issued No Refund!
Doors Open at 11am
- Noon - BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA (Sponsored by SYRFILM)
- 1:30pm - BEETLEJUICE
- 3:50pm - POLTERGEIST - Introduction and Q&A by actor Martin Casella (Schedule permitting)
- 5:30pm - DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS - Rare TECHNICOLR print. Special guest with Introduction and Q&A by Professor Anthony Rotolo from Dr. Who Class Syracuse University.
- 6:45pm - Dinner Break
- 7:30pm - Comedian Alex Bidwell who has been performing across America since 2007. He currently resides in Los Angeles when he has money, and Syracuse when he is broke.
- 7:45pm - CLOCKWORK ORANGE (Sponsored by Apocalypse Promotions )
- 10pm - THE CHUNKBLOW (Rochester Horror Short) [Chunkblow facebook page here]
- 10:15pm - SPIDER BABY (35mm Print courtesy of and preserved by the Academy Film Archive and Director Jack Hill)
- 11:40pm - CREEPSHOW
- 1:00am - DEMONS 2
- $25 at door and $20 in "Advance"
- $20 "Advance" sale tickets available here
- IMPORTANT! With your purchase of an "Advance" sale ticket(s) to the 2015 SALT CITY HORROR FEST, your name will be automatically included in a special drawing for your chance to win an original, custom made FRANKENSTEIN MASK from Collin X Major owner of Crimson Mask Studios. Order your ticket Modern Pop Culture here
- Click here to find out why?
IMPORTANT SALT CITY HORROR FEST Links
- Official Palace Theater website
- Syracuse International Film Festival website
- Salt City Horror Fest facebook event page
- Graveyard Fresh website
- Any questions? Feel free to call me at: 315 - 436 - 4723
- Official "Press Passes" available upon request!
DIABOLIQUE - The Premiere Horror Genre Magazine
DIABOLIQUE "The Premiere Horror Genre Magazine" is jam packed with exclusive photos and interviews, insightful commentary, criticism, reviews, featured articles from acclaimed horror writers and much more in full color! Every two months you are presented with the ultimate insider's guide which explores every aspect of the fascinating world of horror movies, literature and art. A visually stunning bible for horror genre fans of all ages, engage your heart, your mind and your taste for terror with-in the pages of this indispensable and lavishly illustrated collector's magazine printed on the highest quality glossy paper!
Get VIP access to all of the biggest names in the horror industry. DIABOLIQUE brings you the first look and the last word including fresh analyses to subjects old and new, foreign and domestic - from ancient folklore and Gothic classics to contemporary horror film releases and modern literary gems. Past issues have included contributors from such horror luminaries as Jonathan Rigby, David Del Valle, Colin McCraken, David Huckvale, Paul Murray, and Elizabeth Miller among many others! Subscribe here
Quotes from reputable sources:
"DIABOLIQUE takes its horror seriously, and the content reflects it... A heady, well-written excursion into the horror world...One of the best produced horror film mags introduced in recent years... A top 'Best Of' contender." - Monster Magazine World
"Horror Happenings highly recommends DIABOLIQUE. A great horror magazine." - Examiner.com
"I love DIABOLIQUE. Elegant magazine... Beautiful." - Chris Alexander, Editor-in-Chief, Fangoria
"I just saw the new issue of Diabolique and seriously almost teared up. Blown away with the whole thing; layout, theme, and overall tone of it. One of the reasons that I love this magazine is the care and attention which they put into the presentation of the material. When you put days and weeks into an article, it's wonderful to know that it will be done justice on the printed page. Hats off to Max Weinstein, Dima Ballin and Greg Petaloudis for their outstanding work on issue #19. It's a beauty." - Colin McCraken zombiehamster.com
"DIABOLIQUE brings back the feeling of joy and awe you experienced when you cracked open your first horror magazine... Truly the cream of the crop!" - Fatally Yours Horror Reviews
"Quite insightful. An intriguing look into the history of horror while also keeping readers abreast of current events." - Flamesrising.com
"Still a relatively new kid on the block, DIABOLIQUE is already cementing its reputation as a horror mag with class... I would urge anyone to pick up an issue of DIABOLIQUE and give their brain a workout." - Cyberschizoid.com
"Thought provoking writing on venerable horror classics, side-by-side with pieces on lesser known works... Meaty, detailed pieces on horror writers old and new... Think of DIABOLIQUE as the 'Vogue' of the horror genre. (Maybe even the 'Vogue Paris')." - Kyle Marffin, author of Gothique, Waiting for the 400 and Carmilla: The Return
Subscribe To DIABOLIQUE here