UK based Light Films Ltd invites you to view the trailer to their first feature film WASTELAND. This new horror movie is the brain child of Universal Studios trained Director Tom Wadlow and Screenwriter Tommy Draper. WASTELAND is produced by Chrissa Maund.
The film is based on micro-budget which has been 16 months in the making and has been made by a team of dedicated, passionate, professional film makers who have all given their time freely and whose enthusiasm for the project has never waned.
Subscribe to Wasteland Updates & Information for Extras
Keep up to date on our requirements for extras hereWASTELAND  is more than just another gore fest, it is a modern day story of hope and survival.It is the story of man's journey as he fights to survive, to find hope, to find purpose within this new world. The film is now in post production and has its sights set high; it will be entered into various film festivals around the world when completed, approximately May 2013.
We are also talking to Cannes Film Festival this year to discuss distribution deals following an incredibly successful visit to Cannes last year where we merely exhibited the trailer and received no less than 20 offers of sale during our visit and over the course of a 10 month time period!
Behind The Scenes Trailers:
|Box Of Old Photos|
A scene from WASTELAND
|Scott (Shameer Seepersand) about |
to shoot one of the zombies.
|Scott (Shameer Seepersand) searches a dead body|
|Scott ( Shameer Seepersand) gets out of |
bed and prepares to kill more zombies
The screenplay was crafted until everyone involved with the project was happy that we were making something unique and interesting. A teaser trailer was filmed which was very well received on the internet and gave a good taste of how Wasteland would be.
|Scott (Shameer Seepersand) alone at|
night sitting next to a few candles.
In early 2012 filming began with Shameer Seepersand taking the lead role of Scott. Between shooting dates the footage has been edited so director Tom has been able to see the film come together enabling a quicker post-production once principle photography is complete.
|Scott (Shameer Seepersand) listens to the |
radio For the latest news!
- Beth... Played by Jessica Messenger. Scott’s girlfriend. Confident, strong, independent and, after the outbreak, has become a ‘take no prisoners’ bad-ass.
- Max... Played by Mark Drake. Before the outbreak a mild mannered family man, now that he has lost everything he has reinvented himself as a cowboy of the apocalypse taking the fight to the Zombies.
- Lolli... Played by Rachel Benson. A teenager travelling with Max ever since he saved her life. Lolli is a tough, edgy sidekick to Max but scratch the surface and she still an innocent child underneath.
- Dave... Played by Carl Bryant. Scott’s best friend before the outbreak. A charming character full of good humour and a horror geek who is excited about the idea of a real-life Zombie outbreak.
- George... Still to be cast. A voice on the CB radio and Scott’s only living friend in the new world. He is an older man living out his life with his wife Barbara in the middle of nowhere. A father figure who has seen the highs and lows of life; dispensing wisdom to Scott as they chat at the end of the world.
About Light Films, Ltd
We are professional filmmakers, experienced in capturing opportunities on film. Our lead director studied and spent his early career at Universal Studios in LA, and so we are confident we can meet ALL of our clients' film and video needs. Our expertise stretches from corporate web videos and training videos, right through to events and wedding videography.
We can produce films for a wide range of budgets and to an equally wide range of specifications. From delivering a film shoot and edit for a client who knows precisely what they want through to managing a large project that is completed over many months or years, we can help our clients deliver precisely the right message through the power of video. We have extensive experience in project and budget management, as well as people management. There is no project too big, nor too small, for our team of experts.
The DifferenceWe are proud to be a different kind of videography company; unique in the fact that we manage large projects to an incredibly high standard. Our expertise derives from over 30 years experience, collectively, in filmmaking; whereby we have proven our ability to produce excellent films and videos for many difference budgets and purposes with tens of cast, tens of crew and many, many locations as well as set build and design. Everything we do has to meet the industry standards we set for ourselves in our movie making; movies that we proudly premiere at cinemas to audiences of over 500.
We look forward to hearing your comments.
Mike Rhodes Film Production Assistant
Light Films Limited